Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's a New Year.... Again!!


Its the 1st of January again, a great day for me so far and I am tired of pessimistic people reminding me that its just another day. Well, the overpowering cynical part of me does insist that whatever they say is not far off from the truth but for the dreamer side of me it offers a welcome refuge. So 1st January is in all respects similar to 31st December except that I can slumber till late maximising the lack of the need to go to office. Actually speaking I always feel a little sorry for the year gone by 'coz in retrospect it never seems that bad!

The past year was generally kind to me; major achievements being - surviving on the job without any major foul-ups, and then of course working my butt off for this blog of mine that no one seems to care enough to leave a comment on. But its a winter afternoon with warm sunshine and I'd have to be suicidal to feel depressed in this kind of weather. My New Year resolution if it isn't obvious from this post is to be more positive and pleasant even about the s**t in my life. Being sharp, acidic and sadistic has its perverse pleasures, but I'll try and stick to being the good, hopelessly optimistic guy that I am, at least 10% of the time!

1 comment:

Srinath said...

I share the feel good feeling here Roy , I believe that there is no such thing as too much celebration and 1st of january offers another excuse for the same !!
On a serious note though , it always feels good to think about the years that are under your belt & the time that lies ahead :)