Friday, October 3, 2008

My first Merc (Almost...Maybe)

I've never really liked Mercs that much. Sure, they are helluva lot expensive, look good and are perfect examples of engineering but they've never rocked my boat like say a Porsche or a Ferrari or a Jaguar would. Sure, the occasional CLS or the 300 SL is a relief to the eye but they do not cause a flutter in my heart probably because I've seen too many of them. I appreciated Mercs for being Mercs, that's all! Until now...

Across the street from my house is the Route 44 Auto Sales office for used cars. Parked right outside for the past 2 days with a big, yellow sticker across it which says $1495 is a big silver Mercedes. All right, it's a 1987 model with God only knows how many million miles behind it. But you know what? I don't care. It's the most sensationally pretty Merc I've seen in a long long time and it's priced dangerously well enough to make a deeper dent into my non-existent savings of US dollars. Guess I am not gonna be the guy who returns with the riches from America. I'll be more the guy who went there and came back poorer!

Will I buy it? Like I said earlier, I don't trust myself these days and am getting to be impossible to predict even for myself. To even be in a situation where I can think of buying a Merc; to hell with how old or beat up it may be, is a dream prospect. And I am already in that dream. Here's a car I wanna buy and can buy, just be stupid and reduce myself to a pauper on something that is quite so unnecessary. I walked to the car today evening when the auto sales office was closed for the day and no one was watching. It may be selling incredibly cheap, but there is nothing ugly about it. It's regal curves with the glow of all the yellow leather inside drove me crazy as I circled all around it time and again. Oh God! Please help me save my $1500! Please, please, please... 

No comments: